With little precious monsters like this, I seriously don’t understand how people can “hate” cats. They are just so freakin adorable!!!!!
I have been playing the waiting game this week. After a pretty great interview (if I do say so myself!) I have been waiting to hear back to find out if I will be employed in the near future or not! All day I have been stressing about this, so I thought this was the perfect time to look back on the fantastic week I had filled with our first White Sox game, yummy food, good friends, and basically everything and anything else that makes me happy!
It’s already almost the end of the work day, and I haven’t heard anything, so instead of going crazy and stressing out, I will just look back on this fabulous week of pictures and smile :]
Some Easter goodness I didn’t post the other day… I made the lamb cake this year and we had to bake it like 4 times because it kept coming out like a jello jiggler…ended up perfect & delicious though, and I especially loved the creepy face with the moving googly eyes I added on him! Also, my mom said the Easter Bunny will continue to visit me forever, which makes me very happy :] I see no reason why he can’t continue bringing me excellent baskets of goodies every year!
Food that I just can’t seem to get enough of: butter & jelly on toast (I go through my addictive phases of loving this breakfast/snack), and of course our favorite Mexican joint over here, Mexico Steak House. We get it all the time, and I never get sick of it because I love my staples there, but I also have never been disappointed with anything new I’ve tried! As a matter of fact, Michael’s mom is meeting us for dinner there tonight! Yummmmooo!
We did some Spring Cleaning over here and Michael was in charge of the bedroom… He made the bed fabulously and this is how I found it… I meeeaaaaannnn that’s not even a quarter of my Build A Bear collection! hahah (and Nemo is his!) Yes, it’s like we’re 8, but I love it :]
We went to our first Sox game together, which was great because now that we live right here in Bridgeport, it was my first Sox game I got to walk right on over to! We live so close! It was a bit chilly, but as soon as the shade draped over our section (Row 8, Seat #8, because Michael is adorable like that!!!) we would just go mosey on over to another section, which was awesome because I got to sit in places I never have before! It was a really great time! I HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH THE CORN AT THE WHITE SOX GAMES! If you have never tried the amazingness that is corn right off the cob, mixed with all those delicious ingredients, you are MISSING OUT! We also got nachos and pretzels and cheese and a hot dog and beers and beers…… What can I say, we’re huuuuge suckers for concession stands.
Even after all the food and beer at the game, I still came home and made myself a mini DiGiorno’s pizza…. mmmmmmm. Couldn’t resist.
Last night me and the lady friends went out for dinner and drinks at Gilhooley’s, a super nice and delicious little pub right down the street from my girlfriend’s apartment. They must have just revamped their menu because I’ve been there PLENTY of times and have never been this satisfied with it before! It was sooooo yummy! That chili I got was absolutely to die for, and they gave me so much cheese and green onions on the side, I couldn’t have asked to make it any better! SO GOOD! Then we also had a plethora of other goodies, not even pictured were my favorite onion stringys and some atomic boneless wings we ordered. All super delicious! Not to mention the bottles were only $1.50, so it was cheap…. and they even served me my Rolling Rock in a big pitcher of ice because apparently no one ever orders them so they had no cold ones. Thanks Gilhooley’s! :]
Now Aria’s laying on my lap being super adorable and precious, as always. Awwwww.
Meow off to the Mexico Steak House for some amazing soup and veggie ‘dillas! NOM NOM NOM :]
all love & smiles :]
8 things that got me excited lately (whether for the good or bad!)
(1) We took a little trip to Davenport this weekend, back to St. Ambrose, because Michael had a volleyball tourney he was playing in…. I tagged along because I love to watch him play…. BUT I ALSO LOVE AZTECA MY FAVORITE MEXICAN PLACE EVER!
(2) I love watching Michael play volleyball because it makes him so happy and I also think he’s really good :] One day, (when I finally get another job) I can save up enough money to buy myself a pretty nice new camera so that my action shot pictures won’t look as crappy as these…. Oh well, they still make me smile.
(3) I just joined a new subscription box service, Julep. They are a monthly nail polish box, BUT THE ONLY REASON I did it was because I found a free coupon code for new members, making your first box only cost $.01! That’s right, only 1 cent for a $19.99 box! The code is: JULEPVIP. I already wrote myself a note to go ahead and cancel it next month so they don’t charge my card. It looks like a very nice service, it’s just not one I would spend that much money on. But for almost free, why not!? I took the style quiz and they paired me with their “Boho Glam” look. They were actually spot on! Here is what I’ll be looking forward to in my box!
(4) I made a terrible mistake. A disgustingly terribly gross nasty horrendous mistake. I was so excited when I found this box of mac and cheese at Target a while back, because I LOVE buffalo flavored anything…. little did I know that in tiny writing under “Buffalo” it said with Blue Cheese sauce. EW. I had been putting it to the side, always scared to try it because I loathe the nasty fart flavor of blue cheese in my mouth. I thought what the heck, I should just try it because maybe it isn’t as strong as I thought it would be. BOY WAS I WRONG. I took a couple of bites and my stomach was in knots, wondering what was this garbage that I just ingested. I DON’T KNOW HOW PEOPLE EAT THIS STUFF. Ewwwww.
(5) I finally tried my first clay mask. I had no idea what I was doing, but I had an interview the next morning so I figured I could make my skin healthy and smooth the night before. It was fun feeling like a kid spreading legit clay all over my face, but I guess I was just dumb and didn’t realize that it hardens (and so quickly). I kinda got scared, but kept it on for the allotted amount and time… and OMG DID I LOVE IT! It made my skin as soft as a baby’s, and I will definitely be making this a weekly ritual! :]
(6) I have a little obsession with the Eat This, Not That! series of books. Here are a couple of the ones I have, not pictured is the cook book one and the diet book, and I can’t wait to buy the 2013 one!! (This whole not having a job thing is REALLY cramping my shopping style!) If you haven’t ever bought a copy of these books, you’re really missing out! The food pictures are great and it’s super informative and inspiring! And fun! You can find them on half.com for only $0.75!!! What a steal!
(7) My little guilty pleasure: frozen dinner meals. I love the “healthier” options too, ones that are acceptable in a public place like work, BUT there is something about the perfection of 5 chicken nuggets, corn, and mac and cheese that makes me SO HAPPY. And when they’re on sale for $0.88 I just can’t pass them up!
(8) HOW PRECIOUS ARE MY ADORABLE KITTAAAYYSSSS???!!! Aria is getting soooo big!!
all love & smiles :]
This morning we took Aria to get spayed…. I was a nervous wreck. I know she’s only a kitty, but she was my first own pet that I’m responsible for, and of course I am completely obsessed with her and her happiness, so hearing her cry all day has been so sad….. but she’s doing a lil better meow & currently sleeping on my lap :]
Needless to say from these pictures with shock/terror/anger in her cute little face, she was NOT HAPPY on the way to the vet this morning. On another note, doesn’t the snow in the trees look awesome? We drove past these trees for a while, so pretty :]
all love & smiles :]
Soooo Michael & I decided to finally check out Trader Joe’s and see what it was all about…. I, of course, fell in love instantly. The prices, easy selection, amazing health foods galore, it was all just so wonderful! Per usual when the two of us go shopping together, we grabbed a small cart, thinking we wouldn’t even be filling that one, and by the time we were through with approximately 3 asiles, our cart was already overflowing. Ooooops. We got so many amazing goodies that I cannot WAIT to try, it’s been hard to try and sit and wait for the next meal when I just wanna snack on it all right now! I already completely devoured the salmon dip. I couldn’t help myself. It was completely & utterly amazing. Also, those slices of watermelon never stood a chance. I ate all those pieces in record time. I’m excited to bake a pizza together, we got all the ingredients for a fabulous homemade pizza, can’t wait to try that! Here are most of my favorites we got:
I know this isn’t particularly that glamorous to be posting pictures of my groceries, BUUUUUUUT I loveeee food so much and it would just be a shame if I didn’t document all the wonderful finds we bought on our very first trip to Trader Joe’s :]
Also, I STILL can’t get over how my lil precious Aria sleeps. She is suuuuch a strange lil kitty :]