1) I slept in today! I didn’t wake up until 7:32 am! I usually can’t really sleep well past 5 am because I have my kitten running all over the bed meowing and clawing at my hair and face (it’s just lovely, I swear haha), plus I have the sun just beaming into my room from the den… I still refuse to close the door when I sleep, however, because I don’t want to NOT sleep with my kittys…. Ya I know, I’m a freak. 😉
2) In conjunction with point #1 relating to the A.M., I got this amazing lil egg guy: It keeps your egg in a perfect little circle so that you can easily slide it on breakfast sandwiches, which is perfect for me, because although they are always delicious, my sammies usually look pretty messy. It works great, and I got it for $1.99 at Marshall’s :]
$2 for a cute, nifty, and easy-clean kitchen utensil. love it :]
3) Dishes: I am starting to despise them. Every time I wash them (we don’t have a working dishwasher, and even if we did, I’ve never used one before, my dish washer has always been my own 2 hands) they just end up piling up super high and gross over the next week. I don’t know how it happens so fast! I know I should be washing them everyday but I just let it get so bad that I then try to stay away for so long it makes it soooo much worse. Right now I think I’m almost past the 2 week mark of some of those dishes sitting in there. GROSSSSSS, I know, I know, but every time I get up to do them, I just dread it so much I make an excuse and do something else…. oooops. Today, I MUST do them. It shall be my goal.
4) “Your” & “You’re”: I STILL cannot understand what people confuse about those two COMPLETELY different words. One means YOUR and one means YOU ARE. Totally different meanings people. I’m sure I have made a typo or two with these words before, I’m not saying I’m perfect in any means, but when I see the same people online and even in print ad’s and news articles, I’m like COME ON AMERICA! You’re better than that! Learn to use these words correctly, for the sake of Mary’s sanity please! (Yes, sometimes I like to refer to myself in the 3rd person. It’s fun haha)
one of my fav scenes from Friends… Thanks Ross, you tell ’em!
5) and now that I was on a rant anyway… I absolutely DESPISE when I’m scrolling through Twitter or the Book of Face and read something to liking of, “I’m sooooo bored, omgggg seriously like soooo bored”. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? How can you POSSIBLY be bored while living on this planet Earth?? There are LITERALLY trillions of things you can do with your time/life. I, myself have been unemployed now for over a week so I am NOT bringing down those with no jobs, however, if you ARE always tweeting that you’re bored at noon on a Wednesday, MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO GET YOURSELF A DAMN JOB! And if you have one with irregular hours, why aren’t you sleeping? Or eating? Reading? Playing video games? Watching TV/Movie? Going outside? Volunteering? Cleaning/organizing? Watching hours of mindless YouTube videos…? I don’t care, just STOP saying you’re bored when you’re privileged enough to obviously have a computer and/or iPhone, you probably have hundreds of “toys” at your disposable. There are thousands of other people in the world (including CHILDREN) starving, alone, living in grass huts, etc., and YOU wanna tell ME that YOU’RE bored with your life? Go help out someone in need! ………. Alright, sorry for my rant, it just had to be said. Back to happy thoughts! haha :]
6) “A Pep Talk from Kid President to You” : A couple weeks back, a co-worker sent this to me as I was going through a little hard time with things on the work front, and this adorable and motivational lil video absolutely MADE MY DAY! The next day, a different co-worker was having a terrible day… I sent this to her, and BOOM! there was a smile back on her face. The kid is so cute, his voice makes me smile, and everything he says….. actually makes sense. If you haven’t seen it before, WATCH IT RIGHT NOW. I promise it will be the best 3 minutes and 28 seconds of your day :]
7) Chicago Blackhawks, baby! We’ve won 19 straight regulation games in a row. We’ve made history! It’s just so exciting, there’s something about the spirit of the Blackhawks that just keeps people SO excited to watch game after game. We play the Blues tonight at 7 on the road, so hopefully they can pull out another win!!!! Let’s go #4!!! (My boy, Niklas Hjalmarsson!!!)
8) Watermelon. Yes, I know it is not summertime, but this morning I woke up with the most crazy craving for watermelon. I was thinking about all the things I would do to have a huge, cold bowl of perfectly chopped watermelon right in front of me. I would absolutely devour the entire thing. I know you CAN buy watermelons right now, but would it even be worth it? There’s a fresh market right up the street, but I don’t want to buy a watermelon, get all excited chopping it up, only to realize it’s not nearly as good as what I was expecting. Hmm…… at least a picture will hold me over until I make my final decision. 😉
this SCREAMS summer to me! i want the sun and the beach and the watermelon right MEOW!
Off to start washing the dishes!…. or maybe I should shower first…. haha anything to get away from them!
all love & smiles :]