8 things that got me excited lately (whether for the good or bad!)
(1) We took a little trip to Davenport this weekend, back to St. Ambrose, because Michael had a volleyball tourney he was playing in…. I tagged along because I love to watch him play…. BUT I ALSO LOVE AZTECA MY FAVORITE MEXICAN PLACE EVER!
home of the delicious queso blanco, that I CANNOT find anywhere near here!
one of my favorite (super large) margs!!
their endless chips & salsa is sooooo amazing
my favorite dish: spinach quesadilla!! even if it wasn’t Lent, it’s still my go-to dinner there!
(2) I love watching Michael play volleyball because it makes him so happy and I also think he’s really good :] One day, (when I finally get another job) I can save up enough money to buy myself a pretty nice new camera so that my action shot pictures won’t look as crappy as these…. Oh well, they still make me smile.
(3) I just joined a new subscription box service, Julep. They are a monthly nail polish box, BUT THE ONLY REASON I did it was because I found a free coupon code for new members, making your first box only cost $.01! That’s right, only 1 cent for a $19.99 box! The code is: JULEPVIP. I already wrote myself a note to go ahead and cancel it next month so they don’t charge my card. It looks like a very nice service, it’s just not one I would spend that much money on. But for almost free, why not!? I took the style quiz and they paired me with their “Boho Glam” look. They were actually spot on! Here is what I’ll be looking forward to in my box!
(4) I made a terrible mistake. A disgustingly terribly gross nasty horrendous mistake. I was so excited when I found this box of mac and cheese at Target a while back, because I LOVE buffalo flavored anything…. little did I know that in tiny writing under “Buffalo” it said with Blue Cheese sauce. EW. I had been putting it to the side, always scared to try it because I loathe the nasty fart flavor of blue cheese in my mouth. I thought what the heck, I should just try it because maybe it isn’t as strong as I thought it would be. BOY WAS I WRONG. I took a couple of bites and my stomach was in knots, wondering what was this garbage that I just ingested. I DON’T KNOW HOW PEOPLE EAT THIS STUFF. Ewwwww.
(5) I finally tried my first clay mask. I had no idea what I was doing, but I had an interview the next morning so I figured I could make my skin healthy and smooth the night before. It was fun feeling like a kid spreading legit clay all over my face, but I guess I was just dumb and didn’t realize that it hardens (and so quickly). I kinda got scared, but kept it on for the allotted amount and time… and OMG DID I LOVE IT! It made my skin as soft as a baby’s, and I will definitely be making this a weekly ritual! :]
(6) I have a little obsession with the Eat This, Not That! series of books. Here are a couple of the ones I have, not pictured is the cook book one and the diet book, and I can’t wait to buy the 2013 one!! (This whole not having a job thing is REALLY cramping my shopping style!) If you haven’t ever bought a copy of these books, you’re really missing out! The food pictures are great and it’s super informative and inspiring! And fun! You can find them on half.com for only $0.75!!! What a steal!
(7) My little guilty pleasure: frozen dinner meals. I love the “healthier” options too, ones that are acceptable in a public place like work, BUT there is something about the perfection of 5 chicken nuggets, corn, and mac and cheese that makes me SO HAPPY. And when they’re on sale for $0.88 I just can’t pass them up!
(8) HOW PRECIOUS ARE MY ADORABLE KITTAAAYYSSSS???!!! Aria is getting soooo big!!
all love & smiles :]