some tongue action from aria.
a dainty pose by charles.
oh yeah, and these pants happened. thanks target, i knew there was a reason i loved you so much.
Yesterday I did some shopping that I haven’t been able to do in a very long time. A long 4 months of not shopping… and after yesterday, it feels sooooo good. I surprised Michael with some amazing pieces and also got myself a lil somethin somethin.
It all starts out with the picture of the day….
I was at work at Links of London all day… which slowly turned into a treat/surprise gift day!!! :]
We carry some of the most unique, awesome jewelry around. We are the only Links in the midwest, making our brand even that much more special when you’re wearing one of our pieces. I decided that it was time for Michael to get some nice jewelry, and I am so glad to say that he absolutely loved both of the items! He put them both on right away and asked if he ever has to take them off hahaha ;]
Here’s what I surprised the bf with:
Our friendship bracelets are so unique and completely awesome. We have every color of the rainbow, along with different designs and sizes. Of course, Michaels favorite one had to be the biggest, most expensive choice, but most of the popular styles start at $225. This looks amazing on his arm and looks even better when stacked with other bracelets.
When he came to visit me at work, he commented on how much he liked this dogtag. He doesn’t normally wear necklaces, but I got him this dogtag along with a beautiful silver chain and it looks amazing on him!!!! I am so glad! This piece is amazing, especially because it’s inspired by the McLaren race car collection!
I got myself a traditional Sweetie charm bracelet and had a bit of trouble trying to figure out just which charms I “needed”. I ended up with an Amurican stars & stripes apple, a cross, a kitty, and a Miss Princess charm (which I got because it reminded me of Aria hahaha). My bracelet is so beautiful and I’m so glad I get to call a Links piece one of my own!! (Opposed to the other items that I wear but am really only “borrowing” from Links while I work to sell them).
This is a seriously terrible photo but there is no sunlight right now and I have to deal with the terrible kitchen florescent lights, but I just needed to show off my pretty new bracelet! It looks great stacked with other bracelets, now I just need to save enough money to buy more friendships and Links products to stack with :]
On this day, I was at work anxiously awaiting 5 o’clock so I could go home, get ready, and head to pick up our new kitten (Aria). Michael sent me this picture that Sims & Charles “made” for their little sister. This made me smile soooooooooo big, I thought it was just the cutest little thing :]
^^^^^ This photo is relevant today because me & Michael are heading out to my friend Jordan’s farm, where she has tons of kittens that me & Michael are about to choose from. Ever since Sims passed away a couple months ago, I have wanted a third kitty again. Something about three of them together just makes sense. There will always be someone for my little energetic Aria to play with!!!! :]
RA Sushi with the fam for my birthday :] Had the most amazing green beans, sushi, and salmon…. SOOOOO DELICIOUS!
Tons of bread and butter and jam and sammies…. and more sushi…
This card couldn’t have been more perfect for me :]
I’ve had a great time this past birthday “week” of mine, I am so happy and grateful for everything I got and all the fun I had! :] I have an interview tomorrow and hope that some of my good luck/happiness continues on through this week!!
8 things that got me excited lately (whether for the good or bad!)
(1) We took a little trip to Davenport this weekend, back to St. Ambrose, because Michael had a volleyball tourney he was playing in…. I tagged along because I love to watch him play…. BUT I ALSO LOVE AZTECA MY FAVORITE MEXICAN PLACE EVER!
(2) I love watching Michael play volleyball because it makes him so happy and I also think he’s really good :] One day, (when I finally get another job) I can save up enough money to buy myself a pretty nice new camera so that my action shot pictures won’t look as crappy as these…. Oh well, they still make me smile.
(3) I just joined a new subscription box service, Julep. They are a monthly nail polish box, BUT THE ONLY REASON I did it was because I found a free coupon code for new members, making your first box only cost $.01! That’s right, only 1 cent for a $19.99 box! The code is: JULEPVIP. I already wrote myself a note to go ahead and cancel it next month so they don’t charge my card. It looks like a very nice service, it’s just not one I would spend that much money on. But for almost free, why not!? I took the style quiz and they paired me with their “Boho Glam” look. They were actually spot on! Here is what I’ll be looking forward to in my box!
(4) I made a terrible mistake. A disgustingly terribly gross nasty horrendous mistake. I was so excited when I found this box of mac and cheese at Target a while back, because I LOVE buffalo flavored anything…. little did I know that in tiny writing under “Buffalo” it said with Blue Cheese sauce. EW. I had been putting it to the side, always scared to try it because I loathe the nasty fart flavor of blue cheese in my mouth. I thought what the heck, I should just try it because maybe it isn’t as strong as I thought it would be. BOY WAS I WRONG. I took a couple of bites and my stomach was in knots, wondering what was this garbage that I just ingested. I DON’T KNOW HOW PEOPLE EAT THIS STUFF. Ewwwww.
(5) I finally tried my first clay mask. I had no idea what I was doing, but I had an interview the next morning so I figured I could make my skin healthy and smooth the night before. It was fun feeling like a kid spreading legit clay all over my face, but I guess I was just dumb and didn’t realize that it hardens (and so quickly). I kinda got scared, but kept it on for the allotted amount and time… and OMG DID I LOVE IT! It made my skin as soft as a baby’s, and I will definitely be making this a weekly ritual! :]
(6) I have a little obsession with the Eat This, Not That! series of books. Here are a couple of the ones I have, not pictured is the cook book one and the diet book, and I can’t wait to buy the 2013 one!! (This whole not having a job thing is REALLY cramping my shopping style!) If you haven’t ever bought a copy of these books, you’re really missing out! The food pictures are great and it’s super informative and inspiring! And fun! You can find them on half.com for only $0.75!!! What a steal!
(7) My little guilty pleasure: frozen dinner meals. I love the “healthier” options too, ones that are acceptable in a public place like work, BUT there is something about the perfection of 5 chicken nuggets, corn, and mac and cheese that makes me SO HAPPY. And when they’re on sale for $0.88 I just can’t pass them up!
(8) HOW PRECIOUS ARE MY ADORABLE KITTAAAYYSSSS???!!! Aria is getting soooo big!!
ahhh her amazing green eyes enchant me!!! I will never get over how amazingly awesome my kitty Aria is. (crazy cat lady, i don’t curr)
Yesterday we had a packed day of fun including Mexico Steakhouse (nom nom nom) to going to the Bulls game (even though they lost, it was still a super fun time!). With a little bit of Aria and randomness mixed in, here was my fabulous day: